As grease, fats, and soaps build up in the pipes, they act as magnets for food particles that are washed down the drain. That build up can quickly transform from a slowly draining sink to a raging kitchen flood. If you notice your drain is moving slower than usual, it is a sign that action should be taken soon. And if the problem persists, call Atomic for Drain Cleaning & Maintenance services.
In most households, your garbage disposal is your first line of defense to keep debris from clogging your sink’s drain. In order to protect your pipes from a bigger, nastier clog, you need a garbage disposal that chews through kitchen debris effectively. If it seems like your garbage disposal has lost some of its initial bite, or if it’s starting to smell like it’s harboring more trash than it’s disposing, it’s time to call Atomic.
Here are a few tips to avoid big backups:
- Grease or fat should never be dumped down the drain. We recommend rinsing out and storing empty glass jars or coffee tins. These can easily hold hot grease and be thrown away once cooled and solidified.
- Coffee grounds, tea leaves, vegetable peels, rice, pasta, and flour should all be disposed of in the trash can, NOT down your disposal. These items can gum up pipes quickly and cause major clogs.
- If your drain is prone to clogs, we recommend purchasing a strainer or drain grate to prevent food scraps and other debris from making their way into your pipes.
- Ask us how you can get Bio-Clean! Bio-Clean is a blend of natural bacteria and enzymes that clean your pipes by eating their way through the waste that has accumulated! This waste is their natural food – they digest the waste and continue through your system, cleaning it completely.
- Schedule a regular kitchen drain cleaning with Atomic Plumbing to ensure your pipes are functioning as they should.
Toilet clogs, no matter how extreme, can be stressful to resolve on your own. When you call Atomic Plumbing, our experts will get there as fast as possible to help keep your home safe and clean. Our team is accustomed to dealing with just about any bathroom disaster – from a toilet that won’t flush to a toilet whose contents have escaped onto the floor.
We’ll come to your home and, with the greatest sensitivity and attention to sanitary conditions, make the situation right.
With regular cleaning and maintenance, you can avoid most toilet drainage issues. A few tips to keep your water flowing smoothly all year round:
- When regularly cleaning your toilet, remove the lid from the tank and flush to check if everything is working properly.
- Flush ONLY toilet paper. Other paper products, even those labeled as “flushable” can cause major clogs.
- Most household toilet clogs are caused by an overuse of toilet paper. Be conscious of what you are flushing.
Standing in a pool of water every time you shower? Call Atomic to schedule a regular shower drain cleaning, or an emergency drain cleaning for immediate assistance.
You can prevent major shower backups by purchasing a drain strainer or hair catcher. This, combined with use of a drain snake when drainage slows can help avoid an ankle-deep pool!
Atomic Plumbing specializes in all kinds of drain cleaning. If you need to improve the drain flow or unclog any drain, we offer quality plumbing services to our commercial and residential customers in Hampton Roads.