Atomic Plumbing has specialized in residential and commercial plumbing services in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, and other cities inÂ Hampton Roads for over 40 years. We’ve been a member of the Better Business Bureau since 1975. We are skilled at plumbing and pipe repair, water heater installation, and root removal services. Our plumbers are certified and the most experienced in the Tidewater area, and we will work to ensure you receive the best plumbing and drainage work at a fair price.
You don’t always know when it’s time to call a plumber in Virginia Beach. When that first drip hits the floor you might panic and run for a bucket, or maybe you grin and grab your toolbox. Even if the job looks easy, some bathroom and kitchen plumbing can be quite complex. Before you grab that wrench and bucket, make sure you have the phone number for Atomic Plumbing on hand.
Our experienced technicians are courteous, knowledgeable and always respectful of your home. Our extended 10-year warranty guarantees that you will be satisfied with any services performed or products installed, and our up-front pricing allows you to know what the cost will be for your repairs, ahead of time. Call first for more information and make an informed decision about whether to tackle the problem yourself or bring in a pro.
To figure out if you should DIY or Call the Pro, ask yourself these questions:
- Call the Pro if wiring or electricity are involved. If you do not have experience with wiring and electricity don’t put yourself, your family or your home at risk. Bring in a licensed and bonded professional who knows his wires.
- DIY if your tub or sink is clogged. Pull out the drain stopper and feed a drain snake down the pipe. If you don’t have one, straighten out a clothes hanger. Twirl your instrument of choice and remove it slowly, most likely it will be covered in hair and accumulated gunk. Repeat the process a few times, then follow up with drain cleaner and hot water.
- Call the Pro if your pipes freeze. Trying to thaw out the pipes on your own you risk further damage. Professional plumbers are trained to properly seal cracks in such pipes.
- DIY if your toilet is overflowing. Behind the toilet, near the floor, there is a water cutoff valve. Twist it to the right to keep the water from rising any higher. Open the tank and lift the floating ball to give the water time to drain.
- Call the Pro if your backed up toilet is being unusually stubborn. The problem might lie deeper in the sewage lines, which could require some digging to fix. Before you tear up your yard, make the call.
- DIY if your sink stopper breaks, leaving your sink full of dirty water with no way to drain it. Never fear: there is a lever below your sink that controls the stopper. A pivot rod connects the drain to the handle. Push down on the end of the rod near the handle to raise the stopper. After your sink has drained, feel free to shop around for an inexpensive stopper replacement.
- Call the Pro if a part needs to be replaced. If something as complicated as a heater or water pump is not working, it could mean you need a new part for it. Before you attempt to do the work on your own, it may be better to have a professional assess the problem.
Simple jobs, like minor clogs and leaky pipes that need an extra twist, may work fine if done on your own. More complicated tasks, however, require the care and expertise of a trained workman. You might think calling a Virginia Beach plumber is expensive, but you’ll find the cost is worth it if you don’t have to pay for further damages incurred by a do-it-yourself job gone wrong.
Whether you own a home in the metropolitan Norfolk or Virginia Beach areas, historic Portsmouth, the growing town of Chesapeake or even in the upper peninsula in Hampton or Newport News, there will come a time to consider plumbing repairs. If so, it’s time to call Atomic Plumbing. We are proud to serve Hampton Road residents and businesses. For your plumbing needs in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, and throughout the Hampton Roads are, contact Atomic Plumbing today.
Call us if:
- You constantly bothered at night by the irritating “drip, drip, drip” of your bathroom faucet
- You must wait patiently for long minutes in the bathroom to make sure the shower completely drains
- You are concerned by the amount of water wasted in your home after baths, laundry and toilet flushing
- You are ready to install new fixtures in your bathroom or kitchen, but don’t want to do it yourself
- Your pipes need to be updated
- You have a plumbing emergency